Monday, March 7, 2011

If the Towel Fits....


Last year at this time I was a newcomer to the gym, and I knew the best way to cajole myself to get there was by rewarding myself with a steam bath. My weight when I joined d the gym was about 235 down, 26 from my starting weight of 261. I knew that I had lost the first 25 pounds on my journey with minimal to no exercise but would have to step it up to get some more weight off.
The steam bath presented a pretty daunting challenge to me at 235 pounds and that was getting naked at the gym. For some that may be no problem, I am not that girl,even when I reach my goal weight of 140 pounds you will never see me standing by the lockers, taking of my bra and getting changed for the showers. Nope, not, Nada, no weigh in H E double hockey sticks... ok I am sure you get it!
In my own home, I can parade around and be comfy in front of DBF, but that took a weight loss of 50 ish pounds and still it is a work in progress.
So last year at this time I began the hunt for the perfect towel. You could have found me at Bed Bath and Beyond, trying on towels,fully clothed wrapping them around my chest, under my arms and checking to see the coverage. After many attempts I found the perfect towel and bought two. The towel shopping was the easiest part, as even today when I work out and than retreat to the locker room twice a week for my much deserved steam bath I than play the how to keep the curtain in the changing stall shut to undress and than dress, do they make the curtains 4 inches short on either side on purpose or is this a figment of my imaginations??!! Still not sure on that.
Despite the fear of being totally exposed at the gym for all other women to see, I do it and I so enjoy those steambaths. My two lavender towels for gym use only are officially going to experience a new phenomenon, they are joining the population of all the bathroom towels as I am pleased to announce that all towels offically cover the goods and that my friends is my Non Scale victory of the week!! With that declaration I am now officially Dub Sundays my weigh in day as Non Scale Victory day, the reason being is, my victories that keep me on this journey, are more about these wins, rather than the number on the scale and far more frequent I might add, and this journey is about my health and how I feel rather than if my body lost another pound, and Weigh ins are just one measure and they can be fickle but what I know for sure is that the non scale victories tell the story of the success in my head :)

No comments:

Post a Comment