Monday, March 7, 2011

You Look Great, Now Eat


I am hearing a lot lately how great I look, and that is a good thing, I have learned to say a gracious, " Thank you."
What comes next is the hard part and that is the food pushers. The people that I love and care about who suddenly are acutely aware of the fact that I am eating less and far more selectively. I call it choosing my points wisely. I think my mom is on the top of the food pusher list.
I check in on her just about daily and she being almost eighty has a sweet tooth that she tends to daily and can afford too, she needs the weight gain. She constantly wants me to indulge with her and will say, you can splurge once in awhile, or you look great just the way you are now, you do not need to lose anymore. She and the other food pushers, can come with a variety of different reasons why I should throw all caution to the wind and Eat with them!
As hard as it is to not eat with them, I am choosing not too, like I said I am choosing my points wisely and that type of eating is what helped bring the scale to 120 pounds over where I should be.
I have 60 more pounds to lose and I have been spending a lot of time, exercising and cooking healthy meals, learning what role sodium plays in my weight, and no where in this plan to lose 60 more pounds, is there room for mindless eating, or eating to please others.
I am looking for some helpful ways for me to keep the food pushers at bay, any ideas? any quote that works for you?
I am looking for something that "Says what I mean but does not say it meanly."
I saw that quote somewhere and I love it, I believe it is from a twelve step program but it is exactly what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment