Monday, March 7, 2011

What a Feeling!! 60 Pounds Gone, and a gym rat?


Two things, I reached my mini goal of 50 Ap's this week, 50 yes 50, I amazed myself and now I know it can be done, I will try again this week and the next and the next, you get it I am sure! Now, drum-roll please.......I hit 60 pounds lost! I am so very happy and excited, this week I lost three pounds, and I think it is no coincidence that it is on the same week I earned 50 Ap's. It reminds me if I want different results than I need to do things differently. I hardly think my activity was lacking but I did ask a few fellow Weight Watchers who were at goal or close what they did for activity, and it did make my routine look like it needed some tweaking, so I tweaked it! I added about 20 more Ap's a week than I was doing.
Another thing I have done that I think added to a great week of weight loss is I have taken a really good look at my sodium intake and reduced it and in two weeks I have lost 5 pounds, and that is no coincidence either.
Back to the Ap's and all this exercise, I feel good, really good. No seasonal depression symptoms this week, despite that fact that it is snowing again and the 3 inches predicted looks to be at 5 right now and still coming down. Feeling positive about the next 60 pounds, I am at my half way point and it took me a little over a year, different from the thoughts I had last year of hitting 100 pounds lost in a year,but I am more than ok with that . I dare say I am in danger of becoming a gym rat, I am hearing myself talk about two workouts in one day if that is what it takes, I have exercised twice this month with each of my daughters and have thought how nice it was and wished that we had done that earlier but am grateful we are now.
I am shy of saying " I love the gym" but I am getting there and I really am in heavy " Like : with it!
I am a believer in rewards for weight loss goals achieved and non food, of course. I have been thinking long and hard about what to do for 60 and I came up with it, being a very girly girl, soaking in the bathtub is my favorite relaxation technique and add any kind of bubble bath and let;s just say I am there! Years ago while visiting my daughter at College in Boston I found the best bath and soap store and they sold something called a " Bath Bomb" they had rows and rows of them and the smell of the bombs and soaps they created, came out the door. Walking buy just called me in.
That store called Lush has expanded and is in a lot of the malls now and I visited yesterday( as I admittedly peeked on the scale and knew I hit 60 Gone) I bought $60.00 worth of bath bombs for myself, a dollar given to the budget for them for every pound! Woo Hoo!! That is nine baths coming my way,,,,, nine opportunities to soak in a tub reminding myself that I did this and I can do the next 60 as well! Next up Onderland! Onderland is two pounds away and my mini goal for this week, is again 50Ap's, my reward for Onderland is swirling around my head..............

No comments:

Post a Comment