Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Mini Goals Than and Now. 2/25

Early in the week I decide my mini goal for the week would be to earn 50Ap's. and to do that I NEED to earn 27 in the next two days. It feels like it should be less, as I am sore from the 23 I have already earned, but I will do it!
I like these mini goals and it took me a year into my weight loss journey to realize my mini goals should be something I have control over.
I wanted to revisit the mini goals I used to set ,as as much as I like to blog, I equally like reading blogs, and lately the ones that really jump out at me , and make me want to share some of my hard learned lessons, are about weight loss goals, IE: " My Goal is to lose 2 pounds this week."
Scale goals can make go crazy in 0 to 30 seconds! I have seen it happen with me too many times to count. Finally I have wrapped my head around the fact that I have little control over the scale on a weekly basis, I can however control the end result and the weight , reach my goal and maintain the weight loss, but I can not give it a date or a time schedule. I have been so tormented by this that I had actually named my inanimate object ( the scale ) to be able to conquer the hold it held and sometimes still holds over me, his name is Roland. My body and many of ours release the weight at its own schedule and I find this especially true for women, surprise, surprise. Now inches are different, if you are on program and eating well, exercising well and the scale is not budging, it can always be noticed in inches, or the way your clothes fit, and that is great!!
So after beating my head against the wall too many times I finally got through my head that a mini goal for me, has to be something I can control and reach, it may be a hard reach, ( 27 AP's in two days , as I lost two workouts somewhere along my week) but attainable) Sometimes my mini goals is that of what I choose to not eat too much off, Popcorn and Merlot comes to mind, not in that order though...
My mini goal this week was attainable when I set it, in my head it was with 5-6 workouts , but as the week progressed, a sister had a surgery and that day at the gym dissolved, and a granddaughter needed her " Mimi" and I came to the call, leaving me with two day deadline to get in the Ap's and reach my mini goal, stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment