Friday, February 25, 2011

Me ? Competitive?


Competitive- relating to or characterized by an urge to compete:
I look at that definition and I think, Nope not me. However, here is the thing, as I am going to the gym tonight at 4:30 it's a pretty busy time. usually I am leaving at this time, but today like Tuesday I am watching my grannddaughter until 4:30 I have my gym clothes on and will scoot right out the door.
Tuesday when I was there at this time, I found myself on the middle of three elliptical machine with someone on either side. One of the fellow ellipticalists....( work with me, not sure what to call them ) started at the very same time as I did and the other was working out when I got there. I immediately made a little gym pact with myself, I would not get of the elliptical before the fellow ellipticalists who started with me did, we could call him Mr Buff..... than the girl on my other side, who was there before I got there has her elevation up to 5, she was about my size, and so I thought, if she can, I can,,,,,by the way Mr Buff, lasted 60 minutes as did I.
It did not stop there, I watched another on the treadmill in front of me, using a medicine ball like you see them do on the Biggest Loser, while walking and I thought, I can do that... What is Happening Here?? I think what is happening is, I am finding my inner athlete the one that has been hiding out all these years, and I also think, I like her!!
So now when asked how to describe myself I guess I better add...Competitive,,,,but always in the nicest way!

No comments:

Post a Comment