Friday, February 25, 2011

I can see Onderland!!


I want to start by saying, I had my daughters when I was still young, married at 20 despite my family offering to throw the wedding of a princess if I waited, I jumped right in. By 21 I had my first daughter and 22 my second, by 29 I was a single mom. They are almost 26 and 25. It is amazing to me that I am 47. Where did the time go? AT 47 I am a grandmother.
When they were little and all my friends were still unmarried and at the time to me it looked like living a fun filled carefree lives, I would tell myself that I had my kids young, and was fulfilling the role of the responsible parent and when they were grown, my child rearing days would be all but over and it would be time for me to just play and be carefree. I am still laughing at that thought as once a parent you are always a parent and I would not have it any other way, but I was right about the fact that now my daughters are older and have moved out, I have much more free time to take care of me. Did I? nope not at first, I really just fumbled along, was lost a little, and still heavily involved with their day to day lives.
That changed, and I decided a year ago January that if I wanted to be the best person for myself and be around to enjoy my granddaughter I needed to take as good of care of myself as I did others, the result is as a family we are so active together.
Bringing us to today. After a year and a month, after spending the last decade in the 200's I can see Onderland! The view is wonderful, and I am not out of breath when I climb the hill to look down on it. Onderland is full of trails to be hiked, bicycle routes to ride, and countless people to meet and places to see. If I had to give it a color I would say it is the color of a field of wild flowers, and you can smell them, before you can clearly make out each of the petals. I can hardly wait to get there and really look at all it has to offer. To get there sooner I have upped my time at the gym, tweaked my cooking again, less oil, more measuring and weighing what I eat, I have my Merlot and Dark chocolate for my heart ( smiling) but not on the same day) and when I get discouraged I come here and visit my friends as well as reread where I started and the the end result is I can see Onderland!!

No comments:

Post a Comment