Saturday, February 12, 2011

Long Day, Tired with a side of Gratitude 2/4/11


In my goal to blog once a day, here is my second attempt. My first attempt was this morning, as usually that is the best time for me, I was interrupted by my sister whom is very ill and on a Liver transplant list. She needed a ride to the hospital and that is where I spent the remainder of my day.
She has a gallbladder problem and for you and I that may be a quick fix, maybe surgery, maybe blast the dang stones, but for her it can be a life threatening situation, for that matter so can a cold.
We got through the day and she will most likely be there over the weekend while her transplant team decides the best course of action.
I am tired, tired from sitting in a chair and watching others do their work to make my sister comfortable and feel better. It is an emotional tired, as I know at any day one of these trips could be her last, it is tired from pretending to be strong when I sometimes feel very weak and small.
Today was also a day that was riddled with laughs and stories, those times when you wait in between tests, and IV's being hooked up that you break the silence of the remember when stories.
I am also full of gratitude, as I was able to drop what I was doing ( blogging today) and be there for her, grateful that this emergency is being handled and she will most likely return home and continue to wait for a Liver. Grateful that I have my health and a plan to just make that health improve daily, grateful that I am not craving a cookie to ease the pain and grateful that I have a group of friends here to share the good and the bad and sometimes the ugly, Thank You!

Sharing a Picture of my Sister, she has the best laugh I have ever heard, looking at this picture, I can almost hear it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment