Thursday, February 10, 2011

Beneath this Trellis lies, my Garden


Yesterday as I was signing off of my post I said stay tuned for tomorrows picture of what my garden looks like today. This trellis all covered with ice and buried beneath two feet plus of snow is the most beautiful garden.
Today the trellis is beautiful in its own right, still holding the christmas tree lights we strung on it in November before the first snow of the season hit and as we know kept hitting. This trellis is undergoing transformations, as we are as well, and beneath the weight of the winter is a new garden waiting to spring forth in all its beauty. I sometimes feel like that as well. With every pound I lose I feel like I am finding more of me that was lost along the way, sort of a new birth, more confident and happy. I have always said that some people can be heavy and have all the confidence in the world but that is not my story, as with every pound I gained my self confidence was being chipped away at and likewise with every pound I lose I feel it coming back.
The beauty I see in the trellis today is the same I see in myself, I am strong and can withstand the storms, I need to dig deep and stay the course and in the end the sun will come out, air will warm and all the hard work will be rewarded with sweet success.

No comments:

Post a Comment