Sunday, February 13, 2011

"how do you know you're out of shape? your mother kicks your butt at the gym


On the Eve of my weigh in following last weeks 5 Pound Gain I was thrilled to read this on my daughter's Face Book Page "how do you know you're out of shape? your mother kicks your butt at the gym" She posted this afternoon. Michelle is 25 and in great shape she rides horses, is an EMT, all 125 ish pounds of her lift 300 pound people up on a stretcher and all that stuff. I have been known to write blog posts on how when walking through trails with her I feel like Jillian from the Biggest Loser and she may be genetically linked! She is is however not a gym dweller.
Michelle called earlier today wondering if I could work Pizza into my day as she was craving it and we both like it the same way, onions, peppers and garlic, and added a salad to the order and called it in. The pizza was pointy as a result I am eating a lot of Zero point Veggies tonight and half a serving Turkey Veggie Chili off the Weight Watchers site, it is VERY good I might add.
I am thinking about some Non Scale Victories I had this week and that Facebook post is definitely one of them. I also emptied the salt shaker that was on my kitchen table and vowed to not add salt at the table anymore. I have long known that salt is a problem for me and suspect it played a strong role in the weight gain last week.
Besides today's work out with my daughter I also worked out three other days and conquered my fear of the Elliptical trainer.... I tried it, I liked it, yes I liked it!!
The scale may or may not be kind to me tomorrow, but I can assure you and more importantly me, that if it is not, it has nothing to do with my lack of effort and I will reread these non scales victories and soldier on!

No comments:

Post a Comment