Tuesday, February 15, 2011

" A Heart Attack??!!"


I started my day with a post on my blog about my Valentine, that was the sweetest part of my day.
Not long ago I posted about my best friend and how she is my Louise and I am her Thelma, we had had words as the day had arrived that she was to give up smoking and when I called her out on it, it got a little ugly. That day came and went and we are true friends and we have had words before and will again and always we are friends and I love her with all my heart.
After writing my blog post I went about the rest of my morning and noticed that last night at 10:45 Peg ( my friend had called ) she left a message, " please call me, I know your probably asleep but when you get this message call, it is important" Of course I called, no answer. I called back ten times, I texted, and nothing.
By noontime I was getting very concerned and left a message saying " I am worried , please call ."
1:30 I got my call, Peg had had a Heart Attack, my best friend all of only 53 years had had a Heart Attack, and last night she was calling before they did a Catherization to unblock an artery that was 95% blocked. I drove to the hospital fighting back tears fearing what I was walking into and imagining my life without my Louise.
After the hugs and the tears and the relief that she looks weak, but good, came the concern and the part if me that wanted to lecture and shakes some sense into her, I refrained but have already been researching ways to help her quit smoking and will up my research into low sodium eating and cooking.
Thank Goodness Peg knew the signs of a heart attack as she tells me she had every classic sign.
As I sit here with gratitude that as yet Peg is fine, and push away the thoughts of all the what ifs... I hope on this Valentines day, everyone take the time to learn the signs of a heart attack as it may save your life or the life of a loved one.

No comments:

Post a Comment