Thursday, February 17, 2011

Turned the heat up to 70!


I am tired and cold, emotionally exhausted from yesterdays news about my friend's heart attack, babysat my granddaughter all day today and took care of some medical issues of my moms. I feel like I have an emotional hangover. Tonight I need to take care of me.
I took a trip to my favorite place to visit when I feel this way, and that is the local animal shelter. I have two cats here at home, both adopted from that shelter and they give me a lot of comfort, companionship and love and in return they live a good life!
This particular shelter has two rooms where cats who get along can roam free and than of course rows of cats in cages all with their ages and stories. I immediately saw a chair in one of the rooms where the cats roam free and found a friend, a big orange tabby who looked like he owned the place! He came over and sat on my lap for awhile and I could feel myself relax and feel better. I know some people might think it is depressing to go there especially when I have no intent on adopting, but I feel like the cats are so happy to have someone come and spend time with them and the patting of them and socializing with them makes me feel better and gives them some attention that they may otherwise not get. I left relaxed but still cold.
I am home alone tonight and I really should have gone to the gym, but I can not convince myself to go out again, so instead I decided I can turn the heat up to 70, just for a few hours and feel snugly warm, eat a truffle from the candy my Valentine got me yesterday and just chill. Tomorrow is another day and the gym will be there and if I after tonight, treating myself well, I am sure I will be in a much better place and I will make it to the gym cold and all.. I am also going shopping tomorrow, despite the fact that it is sooo cold and we are still in Winter, Spring and Summer items are at the stores and I am shopping for a New Beach Chair and a New Bathing Suit.....now that will get me to the gym!!!
Thanks for listening............

No comments:

Post a Comment