Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tigger or Eeyore, I had a choice this morning.


I woke up this morning and when I weighed myself the scale was at the same place it was last week, and that was up a pound from the week before. A lot of things went through my head and than I decided to look at my month of January. I lost two pounds and instantly I was feeling the crazies approach. " Whats the use" I give up" and my personal favorite " It will never happen."
Right than at that moment I knew I had a choice I could be Eeyore or I could be Tigger, from my favorite childhood stories, Winnie The Pooh. .
Eeyore is my favorite amongst my beloved Winnie the Pooh characters
and he is an unbelievably loveable donkey who is dismally gloomy for almost eternity. I have been Eeyore and am not willing to play the role again. Tigger happens to be an outgoing, cheerful, competitive (in a friendly manner), fully confident of himself. Tigger is who I need to be to get to where I need to go.
I need to step up my game and not a lot, some is just adding more consistency and going back to what works. Measuring again, consistent exercise, drinking my water, all the basics.
Today the first thing I am doing is reminding myself that I have done and amazing job and two pounds in a month is a lot better than the weight I was gaining monthly before I turned things around. I have some really good habits in place and they did not happen by accident and what is standing out to me right now is that I have a habit of finding away to take any potential negative and turn it around.
So today, I have a new week, and a new goal and I am taking some advice from a fellow blogger/friend and that is no more number goals. I have absolutely no control of whether the scale will change from week to week, whether my body will give up a pound or if the exercising may cause a temporary gain. I can control what I do to move in a forward direction and that is where my goals will be best served.
This week, my number one goal is 5 days of exercise, shoveling is extra.... I have work out DVDS for the days that it will snow and we know it WILL Snow and I have a gym membership and I can do this!!

The Wonderful thing about Tiggers
They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, FUN
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I'm the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment