Thursday, February 10, 2011

Snow Angels


So the weather man has predicted another foot and a half of snow starting tomorrow afternoon into all day wed, and I am headed to the grocery store, the gym and than I have my Granddaughter for the night. I will hit the gym again tomorrow, looks like Wednesday it may be closed and than back at it again Thursday. Wednesday I will be doing a Last Chance Work out tape with Bob and Jillian and of course shoveling. Friday back to the gym before the snow flies on Saturday, astorm that the weathermen are hedging about. I have a plan, and that will help me get through this tough week.
Beef Barley Soup is on the menu, and a chili, I scratched the idea of Baked Macaroni and cheese, as I know that when the snow flies and I feel cooped up I will eat way to much of that comfort food! I was thinking I would make it for my granddaughter but I was smart enough to know that my state of mind needs to be strong to have that kind of temptation around. I like to cook though so healthy food is a better plan. I will also cook one of the oatmeal in the slow cooker recipes on this site as that will be a great comfort food.
When I logged onto my computer this morning I was greeted on Facebook with a picture of my Granddaughter, playing in the snow, she was making snow angels and it made me think, "When was the last time I did that? " When was the last time I enjoyed the snow and took the snow days as an opportunity to relax and do what I love and that is when I decided to cook some healthy meals and when I am done shoveling I will have something healthy and yummy to warm me up. We will be making snow angels here Wednesday and maybe a snowman as well. The mood in the Northeast is cranky, we are tired of the snow but that does not mean Mother Nature is going to stop delivering it, so I will take a page out of my Granddaughters book and just enjoy it, it sure beats the alternative and that is to grumble through the rest of the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment