Saturday, February 12, 2011

Gaining Back Control 2/8/11


Yesterday was a good day, on the heels of posting about stopping the gain that I have witnessed coming back on. I feel good and while reading some other blogs of friends I see a trend. Not all of course but some of us are struggling right now, whether it be due to a Super Bowl fiasco or busy schedules or just the doldrums of a hard winter, it can derail us. I can be derailed but I need to get back on the track, so to speak.
I am a caregiver to a lot of people not by career but by nature, born that way, maybe a role in my family I was six of seven children in a very chaotic home, whatever the reason, that is who I am.
I read posts of bloggers who are struggling and I feel compelled to leave a comment with some help, many of us do and that is what makes this site work so well for me. What would like to say for anyone who gets my comments is that I promise I walk the walk, if I leave you a comment of something to try, it is something I tried and it helped.
All that being said, yesterday I got a lot of positive comments and help on my post about me needing to stop the gain, and I am grateful, and I had a good day yesterday. I went back to basics, weighed and measured my food, tracked every bite, added no extra salt, ( am actually thinking about removing salt shaker from my table!) met every healthy guideline. I stayed within my points for the day, unfortunately I did not exercise, but I will today. This week is about getting back control and it will most likely result in a weight loss but should it not, I know it eventually will. I may string a whole week of good days together that is my intent but we all know that good intentions can go awry, but I will keep trying and the keep trying is what makes the difference between succeeding and not.
While at my job interview yesterday ( I think it went well) the subject of whether I was capable of carrying fifty plus pounds came up, and I was able to say " Yes, I can do that " This job would not have been an option last year. While discussing the physical aspects of the job my weight loss came up it was refreshing to se ethe reaction of a stranger of the significance of losing fifty pounds, as we forget what an accomplishment weight loss is. She was amazed and I think it coincidentally helped with the interview, it showed motivation and determination. One thing to remember is if losing weight was easy we would not have a nation with an obesity problem! When we are on this site we lose we are contact with people on the same journey and it is easy to minimize your weight loss number as there are people with higher amounts, but every pound lost is a step in the right direction for your health and well being and again, hard work that requires the ability to try again and keep trying.
Today I shall keep trying and tomorrow too!

No comments:

Post a Comment