Saturday, February 12, 2011

Jennifer


Well I waited all day for the Oprah show with Jennifer Hudson, and I was not disappointed. She looked amazing and had some good things to say. It was nice having her family in the audience and seeing some of their successes as well.
I so agree with her when she said if there is something you do not like ( referring to yourself) Change it! I so believe that, that is not to say I think it easy as I know it is not.
I read some message boards, and I wished I hadn't as I forget that they usually can make me cranky, this time the busiest board was about her hedging about the actual number of pounds she lost. There we comments indicating she is the spokesperson for Weight Watchers therefore she should just come out with the number. I decided in the best interest of my sanity I would not jump into that discussion as I have done that on this particular message board before and lived to regret it.
Here is my thoughts though, the scale is just half the story, we all know that, the healthy eating and habits is the real story and just ask anyone who has been stuck on a plateau, yet have seen tremendous losses in inches if you need more clarification. Putting a time frame on the weight loss is not a great idea either and it is usually the follow up question to " How Much have you lost?" It can be a huge frustration and sense of disappointment to those that take longer to get the weight in pounds off, so from Weight Watchers point of view maybe that is not where they wanted that to go. From Jennifer's point of view and I could be all wet on this, but my feelings are look at her, look at how happy she seems and if the number is something she rather not share, spokesperson or not she is still entitled to her privacy. I am quick to say how many pounds I have lost and how much I have to go and what my goal weight is , and I know anyone can quickly do the math and figure out my highest weight and what I weigh now, but I am fairly certain last time I looked " The Enquirer " or " The Star" magazine was not trailing me waiting to see that number change and make me the next story of the day!
All in all so glad I caught the show!!

No comments:

Post a Comment