Here I am Week one officially and one week just getting ready and I am down 8 pounds, 4 the first week and than again 4 this week! I am so happy with myself and my hard work and on top of the loss I had 15 flex points left! I know I can do this, yet for the last 8 or nine attempts I could not get passed week one, I keep asking myself what is the difference and I have my answer. Many times I have heard other successful people on weight watchers or at weight loss in general say " I was just finally ready" that is exactly where I am. The question is what took me so long?! and why now.
It was not the rude comments I received on Xmas Eve as I was already getting my head in the game at that point. I honestly think it is my health scares me. I wheeze when I exert myself and can barely walk upstairs with out getting winded. Being the caregiver for my mom who is a terribly aged 78 old, whom never took the time to take care of herself and my fear that fastforward 30 years but the grace of god that will be me. I love my granddaughter and at two I struggle to keep up with her and that is not the grandmother I want to be. So whatever the reason here I am and a weigh ( lol) it goes!

The first time I ever did weight watchers I lost 64 pounds that was 20 years ago and I had this habit of the day I weighed in, I allowed myself to eat whatever I wanted, cheat day, and at 26 it worked for me, twenty years later, with my metabolism slowing to a snails pace I will not try my luck with that scenario and when I want something it will be within my points allotment or not at all. You know..the way the plan is designed!

Today I thought, I wonder how many pounds I need to lose to hear that first sweet sentence " Have you lost Weight? " I will let you know!