I can not believe almost a month has gone by and I have not blogged. Part of my journey is to stay in touch with my feelings along the way and I need to blog to do that. Shame on me , enough though as beating myself up is never productive for me.
I am down 15 pounds, maybe more as I weigh in two days from now to see.
I feel great, seriously great!
My first physical sign that that the weight loss is helping my heath is my wheezing is almost non existent, it has really disappeared, I would say around the 10 pound mark I noticed it gone, and hold on...My blood pressure..." can we have a drum roll??!" well it was 140/80 that is a record in the last 2 years I have never been under 90 as a bottom number and averaging 170/96. No medication for it just eating better and taking off weight. Daily, I am less winded. Now before I sound overly confident I will say that I am struggling to get exercise in. I joined the gym as being from New England I should be able to exercise outside but I do not, I just hate the cold." Have I gone to the gym?" Three times since I joined a month ago, Yikes. I admit the caring fro my parents and granddaughter is part of the reason but that is not the only resistance, I am seriously out of shape and it is embarrassing. There are no gym clothes that can cover an extra 105 pounds, that is right no longer 120 as 15 are gone. I need to just buck up and do it and writing it out like this helps me really see that. Today my blog is about my biggest non scale victory.
For the last two years I wear jeans once a month maybe, instead I opt for these what I called great pants from Jjill they are from their wearever collection and have an elastic waist. I have a pair in every color, two in black, same size as they were two years ago, you see the great part about them is they grow with me. Here is my non scale victory, this weekend I went out and bought two more pairs of jeans , I was hoping a size smaller than the last time I bough jeans as I have lost 15 pounds, but nope same size 22. It horrifies me, I hate the size I hate that I let myself get that way and it makes me want to just keep my ever growing pants that I already have. I did it though and came home and packed away my favorites ( I admit good willing them is still to hard for me) I am a size 22 and until I am a size 20 I shall own that and feel the buttons if they get too tight or feel the looseness as I progress, but what I will NOT do is hide behind elastic waist-ed pants. That's my story :)