I am ready to weigh in tomorrow, and to recommit to the gym. Exercise is my missing piece right now and luckily for me the scale has been moving in a downward direction but I know that will decease if I do not commit to the gym. Must move my body to get the results I need and want.
I just finished reading about Helen, last seasons Biggest Loser, she like me had close to 120 pounds to lose and was in her late 40's, albeit I am a little younger ( smile). What an inspiration she is, granted I have no Jillian or Bob, but support is but a click away on this Weight Watchers site. I also have a two daughters who cheer me on and I want to be around for a long time to watch their lives develop and meet future husbands, grandchildren and extended families.
My father died at 42 after suffering several heart attacks, he lived in an age when technology was just expanding and he unfortunately never had the opportunities, for example Bill Clinton does. No stents at that time, just massive open heart surgeries that he was scheduled for but never lived to see the table. I may be lucky to have technology on my side should my heart fail as his did, but genetics are against me and I need to remind myself daily that I can control how I treat my body and I can change the odds against me, or I can increase the chances of repeating history, my choice. I choose me, I choose the gym, I choose life.
This was on my mind last night, I took myself out to dinner at a place where everyone knows my name. I ordered the Ribeye steak, my favorite, not the leanest though. Typically or should I say pre Weight Watchers take 99999999, I would eat bread and butter. Last night I passed. I ordered a salad with a light vinaigrette, instead of my heavy bleu cheese favorite and a baked potatoe, no butter or sour cream. I learned a long time ago lemon squeezed on my baked potatoe is very good and good for you, try it, seriously. I trimmed away the fat!! My favorite part, instead of adding a lot of salt, and savoring it, I trimmed it off and ate half my serving. My treat was a nice glass of Merlot. I did not feel deprived, I felt empowered and I still do. I can do this and tomorrow I will recommit to the gym, if Helen can do it and boy she did, than so can Jennifer.