Friday, September 17, 2010

People Are Noticing!! 3.2.2010

A few Blogs back I remember writing that I was looking forward to the first compliment or person to notice and they arrived, yep they..TWO! Eighteen pounds was the number that showed a difference.

First was from my younger sister Heidi who had returned from a weeks vacation and had not seen me in two weeks. She said" I can tell you have lost weight, no more bloaty stomach or face!!" I was thrilled and of course in a self depreciating way half dismissed it as she knew I have been dieting. Along with my weight I need to lose my tendency to minimize my successes. I did however say " Thank You" I was thrilled :)

Today while caring for my mom, another sister whom I have a love hate relationship with, I love her she is my sister, but would never pick her as a friend. We have a unwritten rule to be careful with each other for some reason we just rub each other the wrong way. That said she has not seen me for a month or more and said " Wow, you have lost weight." That is large for her and again I am thrilled. This is a hard journey and all the positive along the way helps keep me moving forward!

So here I am on the cusp of my first twenty pounds lost and I feel good. I have lost the elastic waist pants. I have joined a gym, not gone as much as I liked but I will celebrate the joining.
My eating has clearly changed. I have no bread with meals at a restaurant. I have a 2 glass of Merlot limit at all times. I love Greek Yogurt, Roasting vegetables is my newest healthy cooking habit. The difference that stands out the most tome though is I am no longer wheezing. I have said from the start this is about my health and no wheezing is such a huge marker that I am moving in the right direction. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment