Post Image My windows are open with a cool breeze that as good as it feels, I know it means that Fall is upon us. I hate to see this summer come to an end, the lazy beach days behind me. It was a great summer and I have certainly enjoyed it more than I have the last few, and made some great discoveries about me.
I feel good about overcoming my swimsuit fears and even as the picture with my blog indicates I have given up hiding from the camera.
My Granddaughter is almost three and if all goes according to plans she will have pictures of me for years after I am gone and know that I have enjoyed every minute of my time with her. I have not felt that way before, this is new and I like it. I have some pictures of her and I last year in a pool, you can see my leg! Trick or Treating last October, yeah that is my hand holding hers. Christmas pictures, a foot here and there, I am a pro at hiding from pictures and my family know the unspoken rule to crop me out.
This summer I changed that, somewhere along this journey I learned if I can not look in the mirror or a picture and like and accept me, than how can I ever care enough about me to change and take better care of me. I need to love me as much as my Granddaughter loves me, and you know what? I do!! I can look at the picture and see that we are at the beach having a great time, and we look as happy as we are, and the size of my thighs can not change that.
I am sad to see summer come to a close, but I am confident the changes that came with summer this year, are here to stay and we will see more than Mimi's hand in the Halloween pics of this year!