Post Image I earned 7 Activity points today and the first three were relatively easy, my morning walk with my buddy. I am noticing ( happily) that my morning walk is getting easier and easier and I know that it might mean it is time to turn it up a notch. I worry that my walking buddy may not like that idea as she is still holding a grudge over the walk around the lake a couple weeks back, I am geographically challenged and what should have been 4 miles ended up being 5!
I made it to the gym in time to watch General Hospital but I think the gym in anticipation for the cool weather that Hurricane Earl may usher our way, turned down the the air conditioning. More likely is that I put the elevation to 2 and walked a 3.9 mile per hour and that is a push for me. I became a sweating machine in minutes and I forgot my cute little towel I bought for these occasions, and boy did I need it. I looked to my left and right and being a holiday weekend, there was not many people beside me or near and I wiped my brow, upper lip, and face with my oversized T-shirt. There is nothing dainty, cute or mildly attractive about the sweating I had going on. I was obsessing over it ( in between watching my soap opera of course) the look around and wipe with the T-shirt became part of the work out. I was thankful that I generously applied my antiperspirant before I left the house or clearly I would have found a " You Smell " stuck to my locker when I returned to it! I was tempted to stop for vanity sake, but common sense prevailed as this is what a gym is for..Correct? I am suppose to be exercising hard enough to sweat, I am suppose to be breathing heavy, but why for heaven-sake do I find myself asking myself these questions?
My answer is I am still out of my comfort zone at the gym, it has been a month and I still feel like it is a foreign place, I know it will get better as I do recall being a regular at a gym quite a few years ago and I look forward to that feeling again. The treadmill is becoming my friend, and I am going to make friends with the elliptical, I do love its name, the stair stepper, I am not sure we will get along, I will keep that under advisement. Note to myself on Monday... Bring the cute pink sweat towel...from here out, I am gonna need it!