Thursday, September 30, 2010


Today I am very happy, I have been courting a 40 pound weight loss for weeks now, ever since I reached 35 pounds lost. I have rolled the number around my head, spoke it in sentences like " I am almost at 40 pounds lost." or " Three more pounds and I have lost 40 pounds 1/3 of my weight loss goal."
It feels great, even though I missed the actual exact number, I lost two pounds this week bringing me to a weight loss of 41 pounds!
Rounded off numbers make me happy, for birthdays as well as weight loss. Odd numbers not so happy, not sure why but it certainly is true for me. Forty pounds or Forty one, means that I am committed to this journey more than I was say, Thirty three pounds ago, it signifies that I have past the turning back point, not that I ever really considered turning back, as all along my health has been the priority and the changes I have seen and felt there is nothing short of fantastic. No more sleep apnea, my GERD has taken a long vacation, it returns for short visits, but generally is gone. I walk with out Wheezing, not to be confused with walking without reason. I walk with purpose, and make sure I get exercise and constantly choose to park farther away from where I need to go.
This weekend before I start courting 50 pounds lost, I shall enjoy this conquest. I am going away for the weekend, camping with family for 4 nights and 5 days, the weatherman indicates that the first two days will be rainy and with three kids one cabin that could be a challenge, but we will go anyways. It will not be the only challenge, the food is included in the weekend escape and although I packed some healthy snacks for when we are left to our own devices, I know that the food offered is great but not the healthiest and I will have to be vigilant, but with this success behind me I feel confident.
I have made many changes along the way and I would love to end this blog post with one that truly made a difference for me, and it is " Blogging" I have seen insight by just writing my thoughts and challenges and picked up some great supportive friends along the way as an added bonus!
Here's to Forty One Pounds!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment