Friday, September 17, 2010

Dear 25th Pound Lost 4.2.2010

Dear Twenty Fifth Pound Lost,
I would like to thank you for leaving me and joining the other 24 pounds that have left me over the last 13 weeks. I feel great and I am so happy to have lost you, as my health was being affected by your presence. I am breathing so much better and no wheezing as climb a flight of stairs. My face and belly has lost that bloated look that I would see in the mirror. when I really looked, as I admit when you were with me, I chose to not REALLY look. I am amazed at how I could get dressed in front of a mirror and make sure my hair was in place and clothes clean and pressed, but not actual see you, not see the extra puffiness that your bring to each day, or the bulging roll above my waist. When you left you brought something to me, awareness that I really need to look in the mirror, and see me. I need to tackle the remaining 95 friends you left behind. When I look in the mirror today and tomorrow it will be with a kind accepting heart, a heart that knows the only way to get to where I need to be is with acceptance of how I got here and forgiveness for letting myself lose sight of the fact that I need to take care of me and knowledge that I am the only one who can. Twenty five pounds ago I decided that I need to lose weight and somewhere between here and there I learned that berating myself was part of the problem, and the other part was forgetting how important I am, and that I am worth all the effort it is taking and will take. I know I will backslide, but I know that I can turn it around, so long as I remember these lessons.

Today I am so grateful for the changes I see, and also for the ones that are subtle, for example, not having to suck in my belly to button my jeans, or both my arms can fasten my bra now, 25 pounds ago my arms would not comfortably fasten my bra, I had to fasten in the front and then turn it to the back, tying my shoes would make me winded, today is is a Great Day ..

No comments:

Post a Comment