Argh... that is how I feel this morning.

Too many points, too much food and wine and my stomach is telling me it is not happy, and not subtly either. The good news is I came home after eating two meals out with no warning and tracked every bite and I am on day 4 of my week and -1.5 points and I work out everyday, so theoretically I will be ok on the scale and still can lose so long as I stay on track the rest of the week.

How great is that!! I do not have to say, " I quit" or " I am just going to eat whatever I want the rest of the week, because I blew this week." or my favorite old line " What's the use, I just give up." This is very liberating for me, it shows me that I truly get it now, it is not about perfection, it is about consistency and not giving up and accepting that some days are going to get away from us and that is ok!!

So this is how it happened. A friend called and needed to get out, she cares for her mom whom has Alzheimer's disease, we went to lunch , she wanted to split and appetizer, of potato skin flat bread and than have side salad. By the end of lunch I had one point left for the day and it was 1:00!!
The rest of the day was shuffling around with errands, babysitting for my sisters cherubs, and then I was asked again to meet friend for a drink..yikes, had not eaten since 1 and it was 8 and I was starving and let me tell you, one glass of wine was the beginning of the end for me, I had two and when ordering the second one I heard this voice inside me say " Cheeseburger medium rare with Fries please,,,," Just like that, it happened and I ate it all, it is my favorite meal at this pub and my guard was down.

Today as I rethink about it I know I had better choices, I still could have eaten and had the wine and not killed my points for the week, but this was clearly emotional eating combined with the hunger. I was feeling sad for my friend and even though I was providing her comfort in listening I wanted to do more. So I helped her feel better by listening, and for the 20 minutes my meal lasted I thought I was helping me feel better. Lesson learned. Now if only my stomach would settle down, it appears it is used to the whole grains and lean proteins and fruits and veggies and would prefer I leave the cheeseburger and fries alone!!!!