Tuesday, September 28, 2010

If I were a Cellphone...............


If I were a cell phone, I would need some SERIOUS charging. Twenty four hours of charging. I have been going for the week on just plugging in for a few hours here and there, you know what I mean? it feels like if I were a phone, I see the red light come on and I plug it in for a few car drives or 4 hours while I sleep.
I admittedly care for others much better than I do myself and the last three days I am feeling it. I am fighting off tears and anger, I have low hum in my head that I can not shut off, even when I lay my head down to sleep.
I am OP which is good, but it is automatic pilot and not the OP I like to be, I am not cooking meals I love, I am not pushing my body to exercise to the point of progress, just going through the motions. This happens less and less frequently than it used to so I see progress in the goal of taking better care of me, but I need the consistency, I need a a little voice on my shoulder that says " What have you done for Jenna today? "
Today after a week of taking care of everyone else I am taking a day for me. I am recharging. I will turn off the ringer on my cell phone and only responds to messages that are left of an emergency basis. I will exercise at the beach, a long coastal walk, followed by a Lobster Roll. I am packing for a weekend trip away with my granddaughter and my sister, brother in law and niece and nephew. Some gardening followed by a bubble bath and a night watching my favorite TV shows, I think that will do the trick!
Off I go, and hopefully my nest post I will be refreshed!

No comments:

Post a Comment