Friday, September 17, 2010

My Addictions!

08/05/2010 6:46:37 PM I have a few addictions some good and of course some bad, and today while driving back from picking up my coffee for the week, I thought" How nice would it be to make exercise an addiction." I wished I knew how to do that.

I have a Keurig coffee maker, and I am " In Love" with it, not a day goes by when I am not grateful for it. I stock up on all my favorite coffees, I never let the supply run out, and that is what I am talking about. I would love to feel that way about the gym. I want to feel like I can not get through the day without making time for it.

My Merlot,. is another example, I love it, I know how to pick a good bottle, I keep a few on hand, I know what my favorite restaurants carry for brands... it again is a priority. I do not have a favorite walk, I have many walking places, not one favorite.

My Gardening is my last example for me, I look forward to Gardening every Spring, the catalogs arrive in the mail for Spring plantings and I circle things " I NEED" I map out new Garden plots. Even in the blistering Sun, with high humidity, I will go out and weed, water, and tend to them. However, I will postpone a walk in that same heat quicker than you can say Boo! Walk outside in the Winter? " Are you Kidding?" but I have been known to plant Tulip and daffodil bulbs in the fall, when the weather is cold and the ground is damp!

There absolutely must be away to take this addictive personality of mine and apply it to exercise, there must, I know it, and maybe that is what my goal for the next few months should be, find an exercise that I find addictive. I know that walking is not it, however walking has fit the bill as late and I do not find it offensive, so I will continue and try to search for the exercise that I can not live without....updates to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment