Friday, September 17, 2010

The Glory of a Walking Buddy

08/06/2010 4:34:48 PM
I am lucky to have a walking buddy and I know it.
This was my second morning in a row that I wanted to opt out of my morning walk, 7 am to be exact. Thankfully when I feel this way , she takes the lead and pushes me to go, likewise many mornings it is me that has to take the lead.

It is a great way to start the day and we see familiar faces all along the walk, and even have friendly banter with a few. Two older gentlemen will tap their watch when they see we are later that the 7 Oclock start time and ask which one of us decided to " Sleep In"

We have been having an oppressive heat wave and even in the morning hours it feels like we are walking in a sauna, but I know when the cold weather hits that will be my reason for not wanting to go as well, she does not let me get away with the excuses!

No comments:

Post a Comment