I am from a family of fatties,,, true statement and three of sisters often exchange clothes.
Two years ago, I gave up the weight loss fight and I still remember the day I packed all my size 18's and 16's and 14's and 12's that I had in my closet and sent them in a Green Garbage bag to my sisters. The two of them were very happy as I admit I like clothes and had a lot! I on the other hand still remember how defeated I felt, and how it just seemed like I was doomed to be the biggest fatty in the family :(
I owned it, and than spent the next year and a half not looking at me, I could pass a mirror and not see me, I was and still am, pretty darn good at avoiding a camera. I thought I was happy, I ate and drank whatever I wanted. I told myself that finally I had accepted me.
Than the real fun began, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea, and I had chronic wheezing and Heartburn after every meal. That alone should have snapped my fat a** into reality and get me to see that to be happy I needed to be healthy, maybe not a size 8 but certainly able to climb a flight of stairs at age 45 without wondering if I was having a heart attack, however I am a tough cookie and those blinders were on. I am also a vain girl and a cruel comment from a brother in law, who really spoke before he thought, was my moment! Dec 26th Size 22 pants and 2x blouses I started Weight Watchers. 3 Months later no Wheezing and I am slowly gaining my health back. I walk and am adding more exercise in this week, and I feel Great!! Sleep apnea gone, today 33 pounds gone!
A few months ago one of my sisters gave me back a bag of clothes and lo and behold I recognized half them as my previous clothes, unfortunate they still did not fit, but this week all the 18's fit!!
She like me decided she had enough of the health issues and vanity issues associated
with our collective extra weight. She is doing awesome and so am I!!
Slow but sure, I will work my way back into my old clothes and slow but sure I will regain all my health and when I have, back to the garbage bags my clothes will go and the only big A** thing left will be, THE BIG A** Shopping trip I am rewarding myself with . I'm just saying.