Friday, September 17, 2010

Good Bye Half and Half, this hurts me more than you.

08/14/2010 7:12:47 AM The day has come where I must take some drastic steps, to save myself some fat and a few daily points!

My typical morning starts with the love of my life, yup, a cup of coffee! The recipe for my morning bliss is coffee, hot off the Keurig, add one packet of splenda, and Half and Half, ( sigh). Times three through the course of the morning. My tracking indicates it is 3 points worth of Half and Hal, if I am only using 2 tablespoons per cup. My guess is, that to get my coffee to that nice beige color with the consistency of silk,,,mmm, I can taste it now, it is way more than 2 tablespoons and that makes the daily points even higher than what I am allowing.

Did you know that 3/4 of the calories in half and half are from fat?! We are not talking olive oil here either! Unfortunately there is another problem I am having with it, I have decided to really try to " Eat Clean " and after milk, and cream is listed, there is something called "Disodium Phosphate" first thing I see wrong with that is " Sodium"

So Goodbye my friend, sad to see you go, but we have hit a crossroad, I am losing weight, which means I am losing available points and some sacrificing has to be done.
I have replaced you with (gulp) " Soy Milk" yes I said the " Soy Milk"! no laughing or Mooing!

I have done some research here, and by research I mean I went on the Weight Watchers boards and asked advice from everyone on what they use as half and half substitute that is point friendly and cleaner. I already decided that I will not go with a fat free creamer that has a list of ingredients the length of my arm. The popular vote was Silk Soymilk, and the ingredient list with the exception of Carrageenan was impressive. I knew what everything was and the points friendliness is amazing!
So I googled " Carrageenans or carrageenins (pronounced /ˌkærəˈɡiːnənz/, with a hard g) are a family of linear sulfated polysaccharides which are extracted from red seaweeds." and I focused on seaweed...OK, that sounds clean,,,,,

So I am out the gate and my first impression on the Silk Soy milk, very vanilla... the color is not to my liking, BUT the taste not bad and it is creamy texture. I will give this an honest try....Moooooooove over Half and half........... sorry I could not resist that.

No comments:

Post a Comment