Post Image On my table in the kitchen sits a vase full of the most beautiful Dahlias, hand cut from a garden I tended yesterday. I loved my first day at my new job, tomorrow will be my second. The Dahlias were growing in area the size of my kitchen and living room combined, the entire garden is the size of a football field. It is one of 10 gardens on an estate. I left there and have said several times out loud and to myself that I have never seen such austerity in my life ( outside of watching Dynasty as a kid, I am dating myself now!) We were given permission by the owner to cut some and bring them home as they were not having any events in the nest few weeks and it would be a waste to see them go by. It is their cutting gardens and if I stay on I will also cut and arrange flowers for every room in the mansion to be put in vases for such events. The garden was lined by Hydrangeas and I weeded a daylilly garden with the help of three others and we will go back tomorrow to work in the Tea Garden! I was shown the service entrance where the bathroom is available and advised that should an alarm go off I shall tell the police what company I work for and I should be all set.
I am thinking that this new job will be great for my Weight Loss efforts as well, as walking from one garden to the next and weeding has left my legs sore, as sore as I have been at the end of a weight bearing training session. I bend as in doing squats to weed, as that is the easiest on my back and great for my legs.
I am beyond grateful for this job, and I can hardly wait to see the other clients homes that we take care if their gardens and I must say that I am grateful for the life I have, overweight and all. One thing struck me about this big beautiful Estate, it seemed lonely, perfectly tended gardens but no one out in them, flowers waiting to be picked for an event but otherwise no one seeing them. A life beyond the stonewall, that is only interrupted by the workers paid to come in and take care of the maintenance. '
Today while tending to my modest, small gardens, I stopped and chatted with several neighbors, the mailman and I exchanged pleasantries, and the little boy who lives upstairs helped me plant mums. I will enjoy this job, and at times I may envy the appearance of no money woes that my clients may have, I will certainly not envy the seclusion.