Friday, September 17, 2010

Good News, Bad News

08/10/2010 3:27:21 PM
I will not ask what you want to hear first, you are at my mercy!

The Good News is I saw my Dr today about my chest discomfort I had on Saturday and he noticed my weight loss right away! He said I look great and wanted to know how much I had lost (even though he had the answer in his hands on my chart). We talked about my walking and diet and he raves about Weight Watchers, I knew this though as he has recommended it to me before. I felt like a hundred bucks, until he said we need to do an EKG and your blood pressure is high again. I had brought it down with diet and exercise.

EKG Normal and blood pressure high, and he feels that with my family history of heart disease, I should see a cardiologist, this week, and lo and behold he meant today!

I saw the Cardiologist and he recommended a stress test, next Wed and that my symptoms are concerning despite the Normal EKG, and my strong family history if heart disease warrants more testing. Grrrrrr,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so next week...stress test. My dad died at 42 from a heart attack, he had quite a few before the fatal one, I was nine. A lot of years have passed and years and years of research, so I would
be remiss to not heed the advice of the Dr and just have the test.

So be it. I am going to focus on the feeling I got when my Dr commended me on my weight loss, and push forward with that. It is funny how someone noticing and praising my efforts can rejuvenate my own enthusiasm. I am going to spend some time going through recipes and find some new meals to work into my program, if I have to go a little easier on the exercise for the week, I still can find other ways to keep breathing life into my plan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment