Friday, September 17, 2010

18 point Lunch, Thinking I was eating well.

08/04/2010 10:07:00 AM
Yesterday while out shopping I became ravenously hungry, I was out shopping for smaller clothes and feeling pretty good. I only bought what I was shopping for, yet tried on all kinds of clothes and it was clear that Since Dec 26th I had indeed lost two blouse sizes, as well as dropped to sizes in my pants!! Admittedly this is a slow journey for me and the lessons I am learning I hope are the difference between me putting this weight back on as I have done previously.

So here I am feeling pumped yet, so VERY hungry and I am at the mall, footsteps away from the " Food Court" Love that name.
I talk myself down from the thoughts of pretzels, maybe pizza...chinese yum! Nope not me I am headed home, and as I drive I "meal plan" I have a rotisserie chicken in the fridge, salsa, low fat cheese and sour cream and Whole Wheat Fat free tortillas. I can have a chicken quesidilla!! Yum, get home, make it, grill it with Pam and eat lunch. I than sit at my computer and track my meal. I decided that it must be like 8 points. I than think " Hey I should really find out how many points the Tortilla is....can not be much, being whole wheat and fat free and all.... I had two..... put in the calories in the calculator, the fat and the fiber. " Holy Carp!!!!!!" 8 points a piece,,,,can't be!!! put the numbers in again, this time I put on my magnifying glasses for forty something eyes. Oh yes it is true. At 1:00 in the afternoon I had eaten all my points for the day!! Talk about indigestion!!

I did make smarter choices, I could say that, and it still was better than if I had any of the items that were dancing in my head from the "Food Court" .

Here is the thing, I am going to buy a scale and I am going to calculate food before I eat it, nine months of doing this and I am sure this is not the first time this has happened, just the first time I really SEE it.

I made it through the night and only had a bag of 1 point popcorn to balance out the numbers, but today I am weighing, measuring, and calculating.

Categories: Food, General, My weight loss

No comments:

Post a Comment