Friday, September 17, 2010

Every month 15.95 for the gym membership since March- yesterday 3rd time there ...Yikes

I have tried "Googling " the word for a gym phobic, I come up with " Gym Phobic" I like words I would have thought it we a better word that that!

When I joined it was with the intent that I would go, I have had a membership before and I really enjoyed it, I than like now had to get over the fear. I fear many things about it, of course the obvious is the equipment and how to not be a Jillian from the Biggest Loser contestant who falls off the equipment. I pretty much am assured that I will not do that.
The fear that others will think, " Wow, she really needs to be here." or " How long before she quits." Now I know that most are just busy working out and could care less about me, but that voice in my head can be pretty loud.

Just the fear of failure is enough when push comes to shove, and I know that I am my own worst enemy on that, even in the face of my success, I am walking every morning at 7 for 3 miles. I am losing weight and thinking about the why's of my weight and how to permanently change the reasons why I eat.

Yesterday I pushed beyond the fear and lo and behold I had a great work out on the treadmill, 45 minutes and I am feeling it today, albiet I am still waiting for my morning walking partner to pick me up, as I adding to not replacing my morning walk.

What I liked was, I worked out, I felt comfortable and since the last time I was there they added a steam shower...oh my... I love those, I mean not today when the humidity is 90 percent matching the temperature, but this fall when the cool air comes in and this winter..Sounds like I am going to stick this out! It is usually that first step that is the hardest and when facing fear of anything, that is what I must remind myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment