Friday, September 17, 2010

Dear Scale,

08/12/2010 7:38:11 AM
Dear Scale,

Thank you for being kind to me today, I really needed it. Yes I know I did not lose but I did not gain either. I am particularly happy that you managed to stay away from me all week, even though I was tempted to seek you out, you stayed tucked away until I really needed you today, my weigh in day.

I know you may not understand that when I visit you every day and sometimes three and four times a day you really are no good for my moral. Please do not take it personally as it is not your fault that the number you give me truly can fluctuate drastically from one day for different reasons. I have decided that until you can talk to me like I need to be spoken too I must stick to once a week weigh in, and climb on you with a grain of salt not much weight in a grain of salt!)

I can tell you that I certainly can change my mind, I would be willing to reconsider, but here is what it will take. When I climb on, with just me and my grain of salt, and the number has gone up 4 pounds, I want to hear why, for example " Goodmorning Jennifer, you have gained 4 pounds, please relax though, it was a water gain, remember you ate a hotdog this week, with low fat chips that contain a lot of sodium, please check back tomorrow." or maybe " Goodmorning Jennifer, this week you stayed the same, no weight loss, but remember that sometimes happens when you have lost for three weeks in a row." or better still " Please step away from the scale the humidity level is at 100% and so it your water retention!"

So Dear Scale, I know it is not your fault but until I can get my reaction to your many fluctuations, I am resigned to once a week and in the meantime, I will gauge my progress by how I feel and how my clothes fit because unlike you, they tell the real story!

Categories: General, Health, My weight loss

No comments:

Post a Comment