I bit the bullet and armed with a great attitude I went shopping for a new bathing suit. With my expectations in check for the first time ever when swimsuit shopping. I digress to all my previous trips, looking for the perfect suit that has a skirt to cover my heavy thighs, a lot of spandex to pull my tummy in, a high back to cover what my kids call back bacon, I just call it what it is , back fat and of course colors that are dark so as not to attract attention to me in hopes that no one notices how self conscious I am about my body. WOW!! No wonder I leave the stores feeling defeated, this is an impossible situation. Fast forward to my new trip with my new attitude.

I have lost 32 pounds and I feel good and more important than the weight, finally my head is on straight! I have figured out that I need to like who I see in the mirror, I am more than the fat that I see, I am a great person and a determined woman, determined to be healthy and happy and that is progress and it is a journey and while I am on my way, I am not there. I know today that I have to love that what I see in the mirror and accept me, and if I can not, than how can I possibly expects others too??!!

I found the suit for me, and there is no skirt to cover my thighs, the spandex is appropriate, but does not have the strength to pull my tummy in submission, and it is a vibrant blue and yeah know what? I will not hide, I will wear it and hope that next year I need another trip as I have lost more weight, but I will still be the same woman in the mirror!