Post Image Feeling successful has to be one if the best feelings in the world and quite contagious. I am so happy that after weighing in yesterday I learned I lost three pounds and hit 35 pounds lost. I just love the number that end with five or zero, for some reason they feel more significant for me.
It has taken me 8 months to lose 35 pounds and I really thought when I began this journey that I would lose 100 in a year and people on the boards gave me great advice, and that was do not give yourself a time table as disappointment will be soon to follow, and as as most times, they were right. I have got passed that hurdle and really accepted that this is a journey that will take some significant time, but it is doable. I have learned so much, and really have grown to accept that I can do this and I am worth the effort and the time. Before I started I was really on the fence, I thought age was against me and so was premenopause, as well as genetics. I was so wrong, yes they are obstacles but just obstacles and like any they are to be handled and maneuvered around. Every day prior to me starting Weight watchers this final time, I considered lap band surgery. admittedly a month or so in I was still thinking it may be my only way. As much as I respect everyone's own path for weight loss I have a few thoughts of my own on surgery for weight loss and it always left me feeling defeated when I entertained the idea. I am so happy that I pushed through those thoughts and really gave 100 percent to this weight loss journey as I am seeing for myself that I can do it!!
So I woke up this morning with numbers dancing in my head. Thirty Five down, Twenty Six is a great short term goal as it accomplishes two major milestones for me, 1. I will be at my half way point as my goal is to lose 120 pounds and 2. I will be in Onderland, a place I have not visited in 7 years! I will give myself all the time needed but will ideally aim for by Thanksgiving as I feel like it will propel me through the holidays and keep my momentum going!! So the bar is set and now I just have to plan my way through, and I know I can as I said feeling successful is contagious!