Friday, September 17, 2010

My head is back in the game!! Woo Hoo!

Yesterday I was a little spun up about my Dr's wanting to do a Stress test and and feeling a little defeated, thoughts of Chinese food and Fried Clams with tartar sauce started dancing through my head. I was sliding into the ole " I might as well eat what I want until after the tests as obviously my efforts thus far have not helped." It never ceases to amaze me how ready that little voice in my head is to jump in and sabotage all my hard work. I talked myself down from the first round with my little voice and reminded myself that I am ahead of the game, when the Dr suggest a life style change, well I have done that already! Lose Weight..NO Problem I have been and will just continue to do what I am doing.

One round won with the little voice, and than nighttime fell. I wanted to eat again and that little voice was egging me on, " Wouldn't Chips and Dip, make you feel better? Ice cream maybe? "
Lucky for me, months ago I cleaned out my cupboards and fridge of all foods that were not in the best interest of my health and weight loss efforts. The only thing in the house that could get me in trouble was Merlot and chocolate and as much as I love both, a little will do me, and a lot will do me in! I buy the most decadent Dark Chocolate I can afford and keep it in my desk drawer for a bite a day for coincidentally, my heart :)
Merlot is my other heart healthy indulgence and even the Cardiologist yesterday agreed with me on that, being sure to emphasize a glass a day! With that knowledge and my Favorite quote " If Hunger is not the question, Food is not the answer."

So that was yesterday and it is over and this morning I climbed out of bed and had my morning walk and marveled at how sweet success really is, and the knowledge that even if I have a health issue I am already way ahead of the " How do we fix this?" I knew my families heart history and when I finally decided to take care of me last December, and every step along the way it was with the intent to do what is best for me and my body, and only I can derail me , and I refuse to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment