Post Image Let me preface by saying I am in the last person in the world you would hear these words " Thank Goodness for exercise!" but this week that is what I am saying!
When I joined Weight Watchers at one of my earlier attempts that did not work out as well as this one seems to be, I was explained the whole point system. I remember my leader telling me to think of the points as a checking account( admittedly that may have helped derail me than as my checkbook skills need tweaking). However this time around her words have stuck with me and that is how I think of it, and I look at the 35 weeklies as my savings and Ap's as time exercising ( or working overtime for the extras).
My Weigh in day is Thursday and as noted a few post back on my blog, I used all my weeklies in the first two days of this week and I am having a hard time staying within my dailies. Well yesterday I woke up and looked at my Points Tracker and lo and behold I was -6 YIKES!!! Negative Six!!! Now what!! I do not want to accept that I may not lose this week, I mean if I don't lose I am in no danger of jumping off a ledge, but I would be pretty bummed out. Well yesterday I went for my morning walk and logged it on my point tracker and BINGO.... my three points earned brought me to Negative 3, Woo Hoo!! I get it... I really get it. I worked out at the gym and now I am even. The checking account is no longer in the red so to speak. I am planning on another gym work out and will do a walking with Leslie Samsone as the weather outside is hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk, plus if I go to the gym later that will add three for a total of my 6 more dollars, oops I mean AP's top the tracker.
So yes I splurged and spent all my points for the week, but all is not lost as I am working out the equivalent of working overtime to afford my luxury items. Theoretically when Thursday comes and I step on the scale all my working out will have balanced the books and maybe even put enough in the savings to show some success!!! I am going to succeed this time I can see the difference as in the past when I hit Monday and saw that Negative six I would have said " Forget this week, I blew it, I will start out new on Thursday." and eat and my guess is eat again...and on Thursday I may or may not start again, clearly on one Thursday I chose not to, for a few years. That Jenna is gone, now I know I have better choices, just work some overtime!!!