Friday, September 17, 2010

My Pep Talk

Tuesday, June 01, 2010
26 Pounds from Dec 26th til now. I am up from a few weeks ago, not a lot but still up.
I am asking myself why? Where is the momentum? What am I feeling and thinking? I had lost 32 and now I am just maintaining 26. :(

Here is what I think.
I feel like this is so much harder than I thought it would be, Yes I feel better, lighter and more in shape, yet I am still so out of shape that walking is really hard. I know I need to step up the exercise, but just three laps the equivalent of two miles, I feel in my legs. When I walk with my friend Judy some days we are on fire and some days two laps is all we can do. Initially the weight stopped when I started walking and boy that felt awful. I was like " Are you kidding me??!!!" I add exercise and the scale stops moving. I get it mentally and I see that my clothes are fitting better, and inches are gone, yet I still get so spun up on that number on the scale.
I think I need to walk a few times a day verses, once and try to add activity in bursts.
Walk to the store, or to the restaurant that I frequent a lot. Earn the glass of Wine..walk home. I am going to buy a kettle weight to tone my arms when I wake in the morning. I have decided I want Michelle Obama arms :)

I also thing I derailed myself looking for an easy answer in the book Women Food and God. There is no easy answer. I need to do the work and stay the course.

I am recommitting to the goal. Starting now. Greek Yogurt for Breakfast. Walk to the store. Water. Water. Water. Remind myself it is a journey not a destination, and also pat me on the back. 26 pounds lost since Dec 26th, not gained " lost" Good Job Jennifer, no go forward, You Can Do This.

No comments:

Post a Comment