Friday, September 17, 2010

30 Day Contract

08/09/2010 3:12:56 PM Had a busy, stressful weekend and a little scary too...

My sister has sold her house of 20 something years, downsizing and she needed to get rid of a lot of " Stuff", so we had a Yard Sale...... and she unlike me is not a people person and to take it even further she has issues with people touching her stuff, sounds like fun huh?
Lucky for her, I love people and really enjoy the whole yard sale scene. I am a big yard saler ( that is clearly not a word) shall I say I shop many yard sales. So her job was to set it up and walk away and my job was to be warm and welcoming and sell, sell , sell.

Sounds like a busy weekend, but than the fun began. Friday night I had an overwhelming feeling of extreme fatigue that just crashed in around me, and I could barely stay away until 8 PM. I at first attributed it to stress, as I am in the middle of the longest break up of my life, and I had just broke the news that I wanted a 30 day contract of No contact between us for 30 days. I need that to just stay away and get on with my life. I am easily talked into trying to make what is obviously broken, work. To make a long story short. It is way past time to walk away.
So I go to bed and wake up at 5 am with a start and chest pain. I am due at my sisters 20 minutes away at 6 am, and I am sure this is stress, but 5:30 still there. Not crushing, but certainly there. I live alone, so I am thinking " Do I call someone?" or do I just drive to my sisters, holding cell phone near to call for help, at whatever point I think I should. Yes that is what I did and I got there and by 6:30 what was a pain, now was a slight ache, that subsided as the day went on.

Yardsale huge success...over $1200.00 yardsale!! She was happy and I was happy to have helped. Had supper with her, not the best food choices, but within my points, heavy sodium though and than again on Sunday and this morning I am up 4 pounds! That is all sodium I do not doubt it for a minute. I weigh in on Thursday and I am sure it will be gone. Sundays food was my own poor choices, comfort food for my heart ache that is the result of my 30 day contract to break away from the ex boyfriend. Cheese, nothing says comfort to me like cheese. Nothing has sodium like cheese!

I need to get through the next 30 days with out using food as a crutch, I can do this, I know I can, and I will and as I write this I am waiting for the Dr' office to call back and make an appointment and make sure that the whole chest discomfort is stress and nothing more as I started this weight journey for my health, I come from a strong history of heart disease and I am going to make sure that I am doing the best for my heart and fight the heart disease history with healthy weight and exercise.





No comments:

Post a Comment