Friday, September 17, 2010

Woke up thinking about Drew Carey

08/02/2010 6:49:08 AM This morning I woke up thinking about Drew Carey and not the way I wake up thinking about say George Clooney, like dreaming of a faraway island with no one but George and I.... I digress, sorry.

So yesterday I read an article that Drew Carey has lost 80 pounds since January and that he has done it by no carbs and gym everyday. A few things struck me, one they left out the part that he is a guy and that speeds up the weight loss as well. In the article he answered the question about how that is one of his characteristics is being a heavy fun loving guy, and how would that change. I am thinking the interviewer must have been thin as what a question!? Drew answered he was tired of how he felt and physically and that he was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabtes and now that was gone and he is not an any medications. He also said once he started losing the weight it was easy to continue to eat well and exercise as he felt better and the lost sizes motivated him. I really was impressed with his honesty and he looks good, still not George but he looks good!

The other thing I was again thinking about is the " No Carbs" I almost always get pulled in and read about no carb diets as I know that a lot of people drop weight quickly by following those types of diets, but I just can not do any better than cutting my carb intake. I am thankful that I have Weight Watchers and I can lose and eat everything I want and just with moderation, but there is a little voice in my head that will doubt myself at times and think I should be going No Carbs. I guess when I think that I need to remind myself that Drew and others like him are at the place I am headed, weight loss goal, but I am headed there eating the way I like to eat and hopefully that will keep me there, as I am sure that "NO CARBS" for the rtest of my life is unsustainable.

Back to George,,,,,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment