Monday, October 4, 2010

Feeling Full ( written Oct 1 while away)


I am away from home for four days and three nights, writing in my blog
the old fashioned way and will input into my blog when I return.
Last night when we arrived and unpacked we made a supper of cold cut sandwiches, chips and pickles . Skipping the chips has become easier and easier these days, I really can not justify the points, I guess I like them less than I thought I did. Bread however is still a downfall and I was hungry from the ride and all the packing and unpacking that I knew I would have to watch myself as I could have easily had a second sandwich. I finished supper and I felt good, not full and that has been something I have truly learned this time around with my weight loss journey if I eat a reasonable size portion and not eat until I feel full, I will find that I am full with none of the uncomfortable feelings that i used to let be my guide. It is a learning curve there have been times that an hour after supper I have hunger signals again a low point piece of fruit or snacking on lean protein has satisfied me.
On a trip like this the old me would stop watching what I eat and just throw in the towel for the weekend and start over on Monday ( hopefully) now I know, to make my weigh loss continue and to maintain the weight loss I have to change all of my old ways and embrace that this is how we roll from here on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment