Monday, October 4, 2010

Home Sweet Home Oct 3 entry


Feeling very happy to be home and after reflecting on what a great weekend, I will pat myself on the back for doing a lot right. I made it through the buffets by choosing the most healthy items I could, minestrone soup instead of cream of anything, Turkey no gravy no stuffing, extra butternut squash, salad, no dressing. I skipped dessert, and used those points on a nice glass of wine. My granddaughter being three helped by not being able to sit through her Mimi eating. I only managed to eat half of what I took and ended up leaving the table to tend to granddaughter who would much rather be at the playground beyond the dining hall doors.
Being in charge of my granddaughter, reminded me of just how hard single parenting is and although I did it, and still am a single mom. my job is much easier seeing they are 23 and 25.
I am certain that any overeating I may have done was balanced by the carrying of a toddler who clearly decided early in the weekend that she had no intention of walking all the way through the campground, silly me for forgetting the stroller.
The rest of the week will be completely on track with no flex points and I have three days to really kick in some activity points and I am confident even after 4 buffets, the scale will move downward.
I have taken a great lesson from this weekend, it really dawned on me that this is the first trip in a long time where my focus was not on the food, I did not say " I will eat whatever I want and than just start again Monday." Nor did I feel denied, I felt good, the trip was about time with family and enjoying the fall weather and food was on the back of my mind! I am amazed and very happy, not all success is found on the scale.
Today I have already walked once with my walking buddy, and I am headed to the gym in a few minutes....Getting away is great but it also helps you appreciate " Home Sweet Home".

No comments:

Post a Comment