Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Apple Picking with Mimi


One of my goals on this weight loss journey was to be the kind of Grandmother that had the energy to get out in do things with my Grandchildren. When my kids were small I was pretty much all hands on and the everyday needs were always met, but I did not realize how quick that time would fly by and I regret not being more playful and enjoy the simple things like, Apple Picking.
Seeing the world through the eyes of a toddler is nothing short of amazing, she wants to do everything that she can and enjoys every little thing, she sings off key with no worries of who is listening, tries to climb the apple tree with no concern of falling, she simply expects to succeed! She picked, she played and she helped carry the bag full of apples back to the car. Years ago as the mom, I would have carried the bag solo, quicker and less apt to spill the apples. but I missed the face I saw yesterday, determined and proud to be a " Big Girl".
I had the energy to walk the length of the orchards, and the strength to than again walk the pumpkin patch, searching for the perfect pumpkin and than carry such pumpkin, all twenty pounds around the patch, to be weighed and than placed in the car with the apples.
The scale may be one indicator of my success but yesterday was certainly a bigger indicator for me, I have reached the goal of being physically fit enough to be the Mimi my little Evie deserves and I could not be happier! I have a long ways to go for the scale to catch up to what would be called the final goal, but I am certain it will happen and like enjoying every step of the Grand-parenting journey, I fully intend to enjoy every step and goal met on the weight loss journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment