Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Eve of my Weigh in... can you spell..... A N X I E T Y


So this is crazy and I am well aware of that fact, yet I find myself thinking if I did not lose weight this week it will be two weeks in a row. That stresses me out. I know I have put in the work activity wise but my points have totally been on the high side, within what is allowed but higher than I like.
I know why. I have given great thought o the adjustments that I need to make to get myself back into really good OP eating and I know I can do it, yet the anxiety lingers.
While blogging I am acutely aware of my sore legs, the result of a work out on the treadmill that was Rockstar, for me, 45 minutes of walking at an elevation of 10 and more at a rate of 3.9 miles an hour. I was on fire.... again for me. I had multiple Nonscale victories and I know that my success is not measured by the scale alone, yet the anxiety lingers.
Whatever happens on the scale in the morning, I know that I have had a great week and that I have great friends and support here and outside if the online community and that it will be a new week, tweaking will happen, starting with changing my weigh in day to wed mornings instead of Thursdays as I end up eating so late on Wed nights that I am almost certain to not have an accurate picture of my weight loss for the week and that helps cause Anxiety.... little rituals I have, not unlike the professional baseball players that have theirs, forgetting it was their talent that brought them to professional baseball and not the color of the socks. My weight loss comes from doing the program and putting in the effort and not from not eating after 7 the night before I weigh in.... sadly...the anxiety is still here......
So in the big scheme of things what does it matter if I maintain two weeks in a row, what matters is that the journey continues and that I pat myself on the back for the changes I have and will continue to make to ensure myself the best possible health and life that I can. Take that Mr Anxiety.....and just relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment