Thursday, October 28, 2010

It must be broken!


I live on the first floor of a two family and I awoke at 6:30 to the
two boys upstairs, wrestling, it was my first indication that the day
was going to be challenging. There is three boys all tallied up, ages
9, 7 and 5, and there newly Single Mom. They just moved in this
September and to be quite frank they were a welcome change from the
previous neighbors who would keep me awake with their fighting and
drinking. They also complained that my Gardens annoyed them, something
about the daisies flopping over in front of their door, I cut them, but I
think that sums up how much fun they were. So the new neighbors, are
great. They are kids and I expect kids to be kids and I know if I let
her know that it woke me, it would not happen again, but again I expect
and want kids to be kids, I was just so ready for another half hour of
sleep. Usually I wake up to the soft patter of my new neighbor jumping
rope, she looks to be 100 pounds soaking wet and jumps rope for 45
minutes every morning to help manage the stress of raising three boys
alone, did I say I really like her? cause I do, and if that were not
enough reason she loves the Gardens.

So out of bed and I realize that I forgot to put out the trash, and
they come early, so out I go, recycle week and that must go out as well,
half way to the curb and the barrel slips and I am picking up
recyclables, in my bathrobe while the traffic is at a dead stop due to a
stopped school bus, yup, one of those mornings.

Trash picked up, coffee poured and I decide this is the morning I am
going to skip going to Mom's bright and early and I will just chill in
front of some blogs and than get on the scale for my weekly weigh in.
Phone rings of course it is Mom. I do not even expalin that " No I am
not on my way I am coming later " as the urgency of the half gallon of
milk being picked up and can you get here before the visiting nurse does
to check on her husband is definitely all she wants to hear.

So all this before the scale suddenly I am struck with the, " Did I
exercise enough? " I know I was OP but " Did I use too many AP's after I
burned through my flex points. " Enough already get on the scale!

I did, I got on the scale and than off, and than back on, and than off,
and one more time, ON. Three times the scale indicated I lost three
pounds and three times I doubted it. Denial in reverse I tell you, here I
have good news in front of me and I assume, the scale must be broken.

I looked at my week and I did a lot right., going backwards last night when I wanted to continue to lay around, I guilt tripped myself to the local track, and walked with burst of running. Last Wednesday when I was stuck at home with my sick granddaughter I put in a walking with Leslie Sansone DVD ( despite the fact that she reminds me of Sarah Palin, sorry that rant is for another day) I set my office up with weights, and have been doing squats whenever I think of them. I am working the program and it is working!

Some weeks are a mystery, we do everything right and see little or no change and than we have a week like this one, and wonder, How can that happen? I do not have the answer, but I do know this...after checking ONE MORE TIME...the scale is not broken, I lost three pounds :)
Not a challenging day after all........ and my neighbor? she inspires me, I bought a jump rope today to reward my 48 pounds lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment