Friday, October 22, 2010

Candy Happens!


I am an admitted snob about my sweets, high end Dark chocolate for me, decadent cakes ect... So I thought I was pretty safe buying my Halloween candy early.
I was downright arrogant when cleaning off my counter-tops last night, I brazenly opened the Halloween candy and put it out on my counter for all to see. Dear boyfriend should be able to snack on it, and the kids as they come and go.
Last night before retiring to my favorite Thursday Night shows, I was starving and kept ignoring it, finally allowed myself a bag of 1 pt popcorn. I ate well all day I am thinking the problem was I am recovering from a cold and I have been eating a lot of chicken soup, and less carbs and less protein than I normally do.The popcorn helped but I still found myself wanting to eat, something, anything and my dark chocolate stash was out, so you guessed it.... I ate some Halloween Candy, not a lot of pleasure there for me but I did it anyways. 4 Pieces! all snack size at least, and it sent me looking for points this morning and I found this from my good friend Google
http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=536&sc=3010#Story
It helped. So if you find yourself dipping into the Halloween candy, I hope it can help you as well.
In Hindsight I now know to listen to those hunger signals, for whatever the reason I was really hungry and 8 points could have been avoided by just eating sooner.
The candy is packed back away until Oct 31 as Candy snob or not, my self control is not where it should be quite yet!
According to the cheat I used 8 points, and I had them so that is ok, but I can think of many other ways I would have enjoyed those 8 points, " Can you say Lindt Dark chocolate with almonds " ... Good Luck...as it is Halloween time and Candy Happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment