Thursday, October 21, 2010

44° Cloudy ( Ther Weather here this morning)


My walking buddy texted me at 6:30 am, " Want to walk?" My answer was " Sorry no, cold winning" it was half truth as it is the cold winning and not My Cold. Here lies my struggle with walking outside through the seasons. I wake up and it is now dark here in New England and the temperatures are dipping low, as I said 44 Degrees and cloudy...and even with my pre menopausal symptoms I can not warm up enough to go out the door at 7 am when option 2 is stay in warm robe and slippers and sip hot coffee!
Last nights weather said it will be colder by the end of the week, so I think I better get with my buddy and devise a plan two or....find some way to just do it.
I have a cold, and I am trying to just call it that, there is a difference on how I view a cold and one way, is how I want to, the " I Have a cold." spoken nonchalantly with the indication that it is just a cold. When I say it that way, I can do anything, go to work, still clean the house, see the parents and do their errands, watch my granddaughter, and as yesterday proved, Go to The Gym.
Then there is the " Oh, I have a cold." when I say this, it is drawn out and you can hear the Woe is me in every syllable and quite frankly it is my way of saying, I am curling up on the couch with tea, chicken soup, Grey's Anatomy DVDS, and my cats. Most times it is the same symptoms and having the cold at the same intensity, the only difference is my attitude. I know that that the difference in the attitude is also what is going to be the difference of succeeding at my weight loss goals this time or not. I need that good attitude to push me out the door when I am cold, or it is raining or I just think I need 10 more minutes of sleep. I know it does not come natural for me, but I think it will if I keep working on it , so as I sit here in my bathrobe, with my coffee, I texted walking buddy, " How about I come get you at 8:30 and we get our walk in?" she responded " I am Game for that. Dress Warm". So Today,,,," I have a cold".
Battle one of two won, later today the gym calls for my second workout ,,,I hope I still just " Have a cold ", now the cats may hope something entirely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment