Thursday, August 12, 2010

So here I am Weight Watchers again and yet this feels different. The difference is I believe I can do this, my last few attempts were halfhearted and it showed. I hesitated to stay on what would be considered a day for Resolutions as I feel that sets the scene for defeat, but I did and now I am glad of it. The day after Christmas I started unofficially, doing what I called wrapping my head around the idea of Weight Watchers, you know, drinking water, measuring, gathering recipes, cleaning the house of junk foods that set me up to binge. The result if that week was a jumpstart of losing 4 pounds!
I am the mother of two lovely daughters, the grandmother of a 2 year old who is the light of my life, she lives with me as does her mom. My mother is very ill and requires my attention and care-giving skills twice a day, first thing in the morning and again at night, a twenty minute drive a town away, her husband my step-dad is in rehab following a very bad bout of pneumonia that sent him to the hospital in Christmas day. Their health issues have been the biggest motivator for me as when I am at their age I want to be the heathiest I can be.
I am like hundreds of others right now, finding myself unemployed from a sales job and looking for re-employment so if now is not the time, than when?
I live in Massachusetts, and currently looking out the window at the remnants of a three day storm that has dropped close to a foot of snow on us, with blustery winds. I will be walking despite that storm, as I did Friday night with my daughter Michelle, whom I lovingly refer to as Jillian from the biggest loser! She is 24 and lives by herself and is as fit as can be. Surprisingly both my daughters are in great shape. Size 4 and six. I will not say it is easy for them, I will say I have been a poor example and feel that I do motivate them as to how they do not want to be. Don't get me wrong they love and respect me, but they do not want to have the weight and self esteem issues that come with it. I am lucky to have their support and I intend to utilize it. I hope you find this blog interesting and funny and follow my journey as I am going to use this as my way of reaching me, the me that is buried under 120 pounds of pain, and stress, that somewhere along the way I thought eating, and drinking would make go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment