Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Good, The Bad abd the Ugly

I have been up for awhile, trying to be kind to DBF who has to work and I have been coughing half the night, I am up so he can sleep, so I did what any normal Weight Watcher would do, I checked out the new plan, again and again.
I still am optimistic and feeling like I can do this but I have some relaizations, and I will start with The Good-My work outs are going to count and gain me more points, almost 5 more per workout and for that I am so happy. It makes sense to me to as I add a lot of resistance to my workouts just by the extra weight I carry before I pick up any weights.
In my refrigerator now sits 8 small 1 cup size containers of my Soy Milk that I put in my coffee. This is a what I consider the The Bad- I have worked really hard to find a way to have three coffees every morning ( very necessary) and have them be creamy and sweet. Month's ago after great research I gave up half and half.,Goodbye Half and Half for point reasons and did not want to add fat free half and half as I wanted to lean into a cleaner eating style. Yesterday I learned that my soy milk that I have made work, 2 pts for one cup has jumped to 4 pts. Yikes, for reasons I will explain later ( otherwise known as the Ugly) I need to keep that number to 2 points for my three daily coffees.
Back to the measured cups in my refrigerator. I have learned that 3/4 of a cup of the Soy Milk I use is 2 points, and I can live with shaving off a 1/4 cup. I am not so bright first thing in the morning so I figure until I really see how much that is I better go back to measuring, another good thing that the new program will get me to get back in the habit of.
The Ugly- DBF likes to eat out three times a week, and before you start thinking it is about my cooking, I assure you it is not! He would assure you too, but hopefully due to my sacrificing my sleep because of this cold and coughing, he is sleeping. When we go out I usually have wine, a eat well, have I can eat out and still lose, back to the Wine. Wine doubled in points per ounce. DOUBLED,,,, as did most breads and my standard baked potato? Gained 2 points. I need to make some sacrifices and I see that, and still I am up to it, but the wine and backed potato, I need some time to adjust too, this is The Ugly. A typical meal out for me is
Wine 4-6 ounces, twice a meal,,,ok,,ok,,two glasses of wine. was 4 pts now 8
A cup of Soup 2-3 Never cream based 2-3 pts
Grilled fish or chicken 5 ish
baked potato was 3 now 5 points with sour cream only 1 pt. thankfully stayed the same.
Steamed Veggies ( I will gleefully add that my beloved Winter Squash no longer costs me any points!!)

While DBF is sleeping maybe I should start working on subliminal messages. " Eat at home 5 nights a week, Eat at home 5 nights a week, Eat at Home 5 nights a week..."

I think this is to be continued .....I am thinking the Ny-quil is getting to me..

No comments:

Post a Comment